Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thing 10

I like the more structured format the Wiki provides in collaboration. For example, headings will look the same and provide for multiple levels to easily format information.

We use a Wiki for our staff intranet and our department's internal knowledge base. Since things change so often it made sense to use a Wiki. I like that you can look back at previous changes and who made them.

I don't think Wikipedia should be banned however I do think users should remember that information posted could be inaccurate. I think Wikipedia can provide very up to date information and allows subject experts the ability to quickly build upon the work of others.

I did a simple edit in the Wiki sandbox. Using the "***" tags I created some new bullet points.

No comments: