Monday, September 8, 2008

Thing 13

I chose iGoogle for my start page. I already had a google account and gmail so it made this quick and easy to set up. I also took a look at Pageflakes. I like that Pageflakes was able to tell where I was and instantly guess at what newspaper to display stories from and the local weather and tv guide. I am supposed to make our intranet the default page at work but I would consider using iGoogle for my start at home.



I will probably use Don't Forget the Milk. I like that you can organize the events by work, personal and that you can import events to your calendar with iCal.



I would recommend Backpack to small workgroups or organizations without IT staff to support the creation of an intranet.



I have used the MSN calendar to share schedules with my wife. This works out well so we know what the other is doing in the evening. I'd like to use DFTM with her too.

I tried the PDFconverter and think it is handy if you don't already have a program installed to create a PDF.

No comments: