Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thing 7

Our library uses e-mail extensively to communicate with staff. I know we have recently begun using e-mail to notify patrons who opt in that a particular page on our site has been updated. We also send courtesy notices and pickup notices to those patron who opt in to receive these via e-mail. I know patrons really appreciate being notified 2 days before the item is due.

I think it is important for libraries to use the access method the patron is most comfortable with. I know that our reference desk makes librarians available via IM.

I use IM at home and on my phone. I also use SMS as well.

I've attended webinars to learn more about IT topics or product information. With dual monitors I find I can usually listen to the presentation and get work done at the same time!

No comments: